Kansas City VA Medical Center
The staff at the KCVAMC have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
The My HealtheVet site provides Veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about Veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Outpatient DIGMA Classes
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education scheduled through your health care provider during regularly outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on —
- High Blood Presure
- Memtal Health
Staff can enroll you in upcoming education classes that are available.
Clinical staff begin the patient education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients —
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible their stay in our facility
Congestive Heart Failure
Each day at 11:00 am a Congestive Heart failure classes I provided for all inpatient with CHF. The class is held in the Learning Center