Kansas City VA Medical Center
Vocational Rehabilitation Service Compensated Work Therapy
About the Program
The Vocational Rehabilitation Service Compensated Work Therapy Program (CWT) provides realistic and meaningful vocational opportunities to Veterans and encourages successful reintegration into the community at the Veterans' highest functional level. The Vocational Rehabilitation Service Compensated Work Therapy Program (CWT) is above all a treatment program that encourages and supports Veterans’ desires to return to gainful employment. Compensated Work Therapy programs develop an individual rehabilitation plan for each Veteran and provide a wide range of support services to the Veterans we serve.
- Transitional Work - time-limited therapeutic work placements to help Veterans identify and address employment barriers.
- Supported Employment – Rapid employment in the community with on-going support to maintain employment.
- Transitional Residence – Time limited (up to 12 months) housing and vocational support through Transitional Work placement.
- Career development guidance, job search assistance, and follow up services.
- Employment education and job readiness training referrals.
- Vocational counseling and case management.
- Referrals to Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation and Missouri Division of Workforce Development.
Kansas City VAMC
- 816-816-4700 Ext. 52644
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.