Kansas City VA Medical Center
About the Program
Social Work at KCVAMC is an integral part of health care. We help veterans and their families with problems associated with the stress of an illness.
Social workers help veterans find resources to meet their needs within the VA system and in their community such as
- home health services
- legal services
- community living
Social work offers counseling —
- to Veterans with drug, alcohol, and emotional problems
- to help Veterans and their families understand and adjust to an illness or disability
- to Veterans and family members who want to prepare advance directives and durable powers of attorney for health care.
- to help Veterans and their families cope with terminal illness
- to family members about legal issues such as commitment and guardianship
Counseling is conducted through —
- one-on-one discussions
- family conferences
Kansas City VA
- 816-861-4700 Ext. 52800
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.